Ramp It Up For Veterans
Text PWC to 80888 and donate $10 to our campaign to help local veterans with critical home repairs and modifications.* Or donate online at the link below!
Did you know that PWC serves veterans? We have over 400 on our waiting list for services, and you can help by donating today! Here are some big-picture facts to consider:
· 21.8 million Americans are veterans.
· 2.3 million served in the post-9/11 era.
· 77.5% of veterans are homeowners.
· A substantial subset of veterans struggles economically. Approximately 1.4 million veterans (6.7%) live in poverty.
· The unemployment rate for post-9/11 veterans ages 18 to 24 is 30.2%, compared with 16.1% for non-veterans the same age .
· Nearly 4 million veteran households pay more than 30% of income for housing.
· More than 1.5 million of these households pay more than 50% of income for housing (severe cost burden).
· Nearly 1 million veterans who own homes are severely cost burdened, despite having access to VA loans and other assistance.
· Veterans with severe housing cost burden are more likely to have a disability than other veterans.
· Among veterans, women are more likely to experience severe cost burden than men.
PWC can help!
If qualified as a PWC client, we can assist low income elderly or disabled veterans with home repairs and modifications at no charge.
PWC works in collaboration with the VA Hospitals in Cincinnati and Dayton, we are a certified contractor and can complete work in veterans’ homes who have benefits under a HISA or SAH grant. For more information on VA home improvement or modification grants go to VA.gov/hisagrants
PWC was invited to Columbus to report out to the Ohio Department Veteran Services Advisory Council as a result of its extensive work to assist veterans
PWC was recognized by proclamation by Governor Kasich for assisting veterans by allowing them to remain safe and independent in their own homes
PWC has a goal to raise $500,000 this year to assist veterans, year to date we have donations amounting to $280,000 Please donate today!
Join PWC as we raise awareness and raise funds to help our military vets receive the home modifications and critical repairs they need to live safely in their own homes. Your donations can make a real difference in the lives of veterans who have served our country and now need your help!
Here are pics from our kickoff event Sept. 5!