Ramp It Up For Veterans
We Are Part of a Growing Movement to Help Our Heroes.
PWC has always served veterans, but in 2012, we made it a priority. Do you know we have served over 2,500 veterans and counting? Join us as we Ramp it up for Veterans and continue to knock out our waiting list over 407 veterans who need critical home repairs and modifications.
We need your support! Donate today via PayPal below or go to your app store on your phone and download giveunityQR_code.png - the free and easy way to donate on your phone!
Here are some big-picture facts to consider:
- 21.8 million Americans are veterans.
- 2.3 million served in the post-9/11 era.
- 77.5% of veterans are homeowners.
- A substantial subset of veterans struggles economically. Approximately 1.4 million veterans (6.7%) live in poverty.
- The unemployment rate for post-9/11 veterans ages 18 to 24 is 30.2%, compared with 16.1% for non-veterans the same age.
- Nearly 4 million veteran households pay more than 30% of income for housing.
- More than 1.5 million of these households pay more than 50% of income for housing (severe cost burden).
- Nearly 1 million veterans who own homes are severely cost burdened, despite having access to VA loans and other assistance.
- Veterans with severe housing cost burden are more likely to have a disability than other veterans.
- Among veterans, women are more likely to experience severe cost burden than men.
PWC can help!
If qualified as a PWC client, we can assist low income elderly or disabled veterans with home repairs and modifications at no charge.
PWC works in collaboration with the VA Hospitals in Cincinnati and Dayton, we are a certified contractor and can complete work in veterans’ homes who have benefits under a HISA or SAH grant. For more information on VA home improvement or modification grants go to VA.gov/hisagrants
Join PWC as we raise awareness and raise funds to help our military vets receive the home modifications and critical repairs they need to live safely in their own homes. Your donations can make a real difference in the lives of veterans who have served our country and now need your help!
Join us July 5th 2014 on Sawyer Point as we Welcome Home our local vets! Stop by our booth or march in the parade!