PWC is kicking-off the agency’s 10th annual campaign on November 11th, Veterans Day, to assist low-income and/or disabled veterans throughout Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. In the previous nine years, PWC has provided services for over 5,800 households of veterans or their surviving spouse.
PWC is committed to this program because the need continues to escalate with the aging demographics of the veterans throughout our local communities as evidenced below:
TriState Veterans Snapshot**
• Veterans in PWC’s service territory represent 178,767 (6.1%) within the total population of PWC’s territory of 2,912,089 (18+).
• The fastest growing demographic of veterans, 65 years and older.
• In Hamilton County alone, there are 37,909 veterans, 20,288 are over the age of 65, 54% of the veteran population. There are currently
2,534 veterans living below the poverty level in Hamilton County.
• In Hamilton County alone 25% of veterans have a disability compared to the non-veteran population with a disability rate of 12%.
• PWC currently has 381 veterans on our waiting list across 21 counties.
** (census.gov; vetsdata.info; statistica.com; American Community survey)
Thank you 2021
The Home Depot Foundation
Scripps Howard Foundation
Ramp It Up for Veterans
December 7, 2021
4 - 8 p.m.
Special thanks to