Annual Recognition Celebration a success
Posted on October 14, 2011 by
Each year, PWC invites volunteers, donors, corporate partners, politicians and funders to reflect and celebrate its achievements at our Annual Recognition Celebration. On Oct. 13 we celebrated another successful year, with an event at Xavier's Cintas Center.
PWC President Jock Pitts pointed out two key announcements, the first phase of our Cadmus research study and our new social enterprise. The three key findings of the Cadmus study are:
• Housing Values Increase – the value of a home PWC has served increases 6%-10%; houses in the surrounding neighborhood benefit from a 1%-3% increase;
• Student Mobility – students who live in homes served by PWC increase in academic performance because they move less often;
• Increase in Overall Health of Homeowners - owners of homes served by PWC benefit from increased health and well-being.
With the more than 130 PWC stakeholders in attendance, Jock made the exciting announcement of the new name of PWC’s social enterprise, Whole Home.
This new endeavor will provide many of the same services PWC already offers to its low-income clients for free at a cost to people who do not meet our current income qualifications.
These services will include:
• Ramp Sales and Installation
• Short Term Aluminum Ramp Rentals
• Fall Prevention Sales and Installation
• Bathroom Modifications
The bottom line is that Whole Home will be an extension of PWC’s mission. It will help PWC to continue to provide essential repairs and services so that low-income, elderly and disabled homeowners can remain in their homes, living independently for many years to come.
All of Jock’s remarks will be available in detail next week on our website so be sure to check back soon! Thanks to all for making the Annual Recognition Celebration a success!
Our 2011 Volunteers of the Year: Cynthia Blocksom, Bob Wells and Jo Soudrette